From: Fred <gentoo@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Resizing Vista
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:21:30
1 Peter Davoust wrote:
2 > That's a good idea, I'll try it. I'm not a Windows fan myself, but at
3 > least Vista looks cool.
4 >
5 > On 4/10/07, *Joe Menola* < menola@×××××××××.net
6 > <mailto:menola@×××××××××.net>> wrote:
7 >
8 > On Tuesday 10 April 2007 4:15:17 pm Peter Davoust wrote:
9 > > Ok, so this is sort of a continuation of my previous question about
10 > > Xserver, HP decided to replace my laptop after a little technical
11 > support
12 > > issue, and now my PC has Vista on a 120 gig hard drive. The only
13 > problem is
14 > > that for some reason neither my Gparted Live cd nor my gentoo
15 > live cd can
16 > > resize the partition. I'd reinstall everything, but Compaq
17 > doesn't like
18 > > providing OS restore disks, and instead put all the data on a
19 > separate
20 > > partition. Most likely the restore disk will just setup the same
21 > partition
22 > > scheme as before anyway. I've tried using the Vista disk
23 > partition utility,
24 > > but it could only give me 587 mb in between the restore and OS
25 > partitions.
26 > > It's annoying, does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried chkdsk
27 > and defrag
28 > > already, but to no avail.
29 >
30 > The first thing I'd try is zipping the contents of c:\ drive>dvd,
31 > recreate
32 > your partitions and unzip to the smaller c:\ drive. I know this
33 > would work
34 > for ntfs. I know nothing about Vista though, and I'm fine with that. ;)
35 >
36 > -jm
37 > --
38 > gentoo-amd64@g.o <mailto:gentoo-amd64@g.o> mailing list
41 You can resize partitions and volumes within Vista itself using the
42 'Disk Management' console program.
43 --
44 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list