From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Resizing Vista
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:13:39
1 That's a good idea, I'll try it. I'm not a Windows fan myself, but at least
2 Vista looks cool.
3
4 On 4/10/07, Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 >
6 > On Tuesday 10 April 2007 4:15:17 pm Peter Davoust wrote:
7 > > Ok, so this is sort of a continuation of my previous question about
8 > > Xserver, HP decided to replace my laptop after a little technical
9 > support
10 > > issue, and now my PC has Vista on a 120 gig hard drive. The only problem
11 > is
12 > > that for some reason neither my Gparted Live cd nor my gentoo live cd
13 > can
14 > > resize the partition. I'd reinstall everything, but Compaq doesn't like
15 > > providing OS restore disks, and instead put all the data on a separate
16 > > partition. Most likely the restore disk will just setup the same
17 > partition
18 > > scheme as before anyway. I've tried using the Vista disk partition
19 > utility,
20 > > but it could only give me 587 mb in between the restore and OS
21 > partitions.
22 > > It's annoying, does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried chkdsk and
23 > defrag
24 > > already, but to no avail.
25 >
26 > The first thing I'd try is zipping the contents of c:\ drive>dvd, recreate
27 > your partitions and unzip to the smaller c:\ drive. I know this would work
28 > for ntfs. I know nothing about Vista though, and I'm fine with that. ;)
29 >
30 > -jm
31 > --
32 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list