From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kernel-3.10 Nvidia Emerge Failure And Other Stuff
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 01:28:17
2 > My interpretation of this message in the nvidia-drivers ebuild is that
3 > the maintainers assume that you switch to nouveau.
6 I think it means that the problem occurs so frequently that they
7 do not want to be bothered with bug reports -- and rightly so.
8
9 My great disappointment is that xorg or nvidia or whoever was
10 responsible had decided to stop the legacy nv driver that was
11 part of xorg itself. I don't do gaming and I have no need for
12 ultra-high performance graphics. The nv driver was always good
13 enough for me.
14
15 But development stopped on nv a few years ago and it no longer
16 supports the newer Nvidia cards.
17
18 Frank Peters