From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] k3b and FLAC images
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:22:15
1 quoth the Richard Freeman:
2 > Mark Haney wrote:
3 > > I should be able to burn those flac files right? It could be the CUE
4 > > files aren't right, but I'm not sure how I would verify that.
5 >
6 > Perhaps I'm just demonstrating ignorance here, but flac isn't an image
7 > format - it is a sound recording format. If you wanted to burn a flac
8 > to a CD you'd need to create an audio CD and turn the flac file into a
9 > track. I don't know that you could do anything with a cue file.
10
11 You could burn them as data. The OP doesn't say which he wants so...
12
13 > If you're trying to burn the image using the burn-image menu option I
14 > don't think that would work.
15
16 You are right. That would be to burn .iso or .img files.
17
18 > However, I've never attempted to burn flac files using k3b, so maybe it
19 > is supposed to just automagically work.
20
21 When you choose 'Burn Audio CD' then any supported files that are drag and
22 dropped into the tracklist are automatically converted to wavs, which in turn
23 are burned in redbook format for audio CDs.
24
25 When burning as data, no such conversion is performed, the flacs are burned as
26 flacs, and you must mount the cd to get at them.
27
28 -d
29 --
30 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
31 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
32 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
33 --
34 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list