From: Tonko <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Portage version error?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:44:30
1 As far as I know your version is masked to do some more testing..
2 I'd say keep it :P
3
4 On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > Okay, I'm slightly confused. Now, granted, I've been away from the computer
6 > for 5 days, but I'm pretty sure that's not enough to go soft in the head. I
7 > sync'd portage this morning, and as usual get the 'there's a new version of
8 > portage available.... message. This is typical, since, in order to upgrade
9 > to KDE4.1.3 I needed to use the ~amd64 version of pertage (now at 2.2_rc13
10 > on my system). However, I figured I needed to check to see if there was a
11 > newer one in ~amd64 just to keep up and this is what I got for output:
12 >
13 > octavian ~ # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge -s portage
14 > * sys-apps/portage
15 > Latest version available: 2.1.6_rc2
16 > Latest version installed: 2.2_rc13
17 > Size of files: 564 kB
18 > Homepage: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/index.xml
20 > system for Gentoo
21 > License: GPL-2
25 > Now, I'm not a math wiz, but IIRC 2.2 is greater than 2.1, right? So,
26 > what's the deal here? I'm hesitant to upgrade (as it might be a DOWNgrade),
27 > but if there's some behind the scenes changes going on, I'd like to know
28 > that too.
29 >
30 > So, what do I do?
31 >
32 > --
33 > Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
34 > quadraturae circuli
35 >
36 > Mark Haney
37 > Sr. Systems Administrator
38 > ERC Broadband
39 > (828) 350-2415
40 >
41 > Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
48 Tonko