From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] sddm - any config to not advertise user names?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 21:53:52
1 On Sunday 17 July 2016 15:03:26 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > The push to Plasma 5 had me switch to sddm by default instead of kdm. Does
3 > anyone know how to configure sddm to not advertise all user names on the
4 > login screen? I.e. - have users type both their user names as well as
5 > passwords?
6 >
7 > Note that there is discussion in the man pages about a file /etc/sddm.conf
8 > but it's not installed on my system, I don't see any use flags that would
9 > apparently change that and there's no obvious documentation on what I think
10 > is the sddm homepage:
11 >
12 > https://github.com/sddm
13 >
14 > If sddm cannot be configured this way then are there any other Display
15 > Managers that work this way and work well with KDE?
16 >
17 > Cheers,
18 > Mark
19
20 AFAICT you just have to select the right theme/design for SDDM. You can do
21 that via systemsettings, for example. It seems you want something like
22 Circles or Elarun.
23
24 HTH
25 --
26 Marc Joliet
27 --
28 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
29 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup