From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] sddm - any config to not advertise user names?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 22:03:32
1 The push to Plasma 5 had me switch to sddm by default instead of kdm. Does
2 anyone know how to configure sddm to not advertise all user names on the
3 login screen? I.e. - have users type both their user names as well as
4 passwords?
5
6 Note that there is discussion in the man pages about a file /etc/sddm.conf
7 but it's not installed on my system, I don't see any use flags that would
8 apparently change that and there's no obvious documentation on what I think
9 is the sddm homepage:
10
11 https://github.com/sddm
12
13 If sddm cannot be configured this way then are there any other Display
14 Managers that work this way and work well with KDE?
15
16 Cheers,
17 Mark