From: Unknown <list-catcher@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] More mencoder fun
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 03:04:01
1 On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:26:31 -0400
2 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Yes that helps a great deal. How does x264 stack up on file size?
5 > Does it play 'out of the box' on a windows system? I've been
6 > struggling to get a decent quality/filesize ratio for a video going
7 > on our website.
8
9 Perhaps VP6 (Aka flash/shockwave). It´s not really that bad...for what
10 it is. Supposedly it´s implemented in libavcodec (FFmpeg). I have not
11 used it, but I suspect better performance with it for what your doing
12 than xvid. I assume though, that you´re not literally streaming movies
13 with HTTP.
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list