From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: unmerging slotted group packages
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:18:56
1 On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:48:28 +1100, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
2
3 > I have now more than 130 orphaned packages. After removing a lot of
4 > gnome related items (I've never run gnome on this system) and a lot of
5 > other things I recognised, I still have more than 130 orphaned
6 > packages, even tho the number of installed packages went from 608 to
7 > 563!
8 > This could take a while, especially as revdep-rebuild is complaining a
9 > lot about stuff I've removed.
10
11 This is to be expected if you remove only some of the packages listed by
12 depclean, as other packages in the list may depend on them. This is
13 because revdep-rebuild works with installed files not the package list.
14
15 Wait until you have removed everything in the list before running
16 revdep-rebuild and then emerge -uavDN world.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Maybe... How much are you bribing me this time?