From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: unmerging slotted group packages
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:50:16
1 Replying to Duncan,
2 Thanks, very informative. I've been doing everything except for
3 --depclean, as that has never worked. Now I see that it is because of
4 kde-3.4 which was built with samba (which I have now removed) and a
5 version of qt that is no longer there.
6
7 I used Neil's awk command to remove kde-3.4 and now --depclean works.
8
9 I have now more than 130 orphaned packages. After removing a lot of
10 gnome related items (I've never run gnome on this system) and a lot of
11 other things I recognised, I still have more than 130 orphaned
12 packages, even tho the number of installed packages went from 608 to
13 563!
14 This could take a while, especially as revdep-rebuild is complaining a
15 lot about stuff I've removed.
16
17 BTW
18 FEATURES="buildpkg parallel-fetch fixpackages"
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list