From: czernitko <czernitko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hard drive (installation)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:46:50
1 Hi, it seems improbable that your desktop PC would have only one HDD slot.
2 Could you post your exact model number please? :)
3 To give you some hope, I have had Linux installed on external hdd for daily
4 use for about two years. It is at least five years back, it was over USB
5 2.0 and worked quite well. I did some photo editing and retouching and it
6 was ok.
7 How big is your internal drive anyway? Isn't it possible to use around 30GB
8 for Gentoo system partition? Or do you just want to keep original hdd
9 intact?
10 Regards,
11 Peter