From: Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: SOLVED: gcc 4.1 upgrade - bad desktop interactivity anyone?
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:28:05
1 Mark Knecht:
2 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
3 > drmOpenDevice: open result is 6, (OK)
4
5 Great! ;-)
6
7 I've lost DRI when I've switched to modular X.
8 I see in Xorg.0.log:
9
10 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
11 drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
12 drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
13 drmOpenDevice: Open failed
14 ...
15 (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
16 [dri] Disabling DRI.
17
18 Please, could you tell me:
19 i) kernel version;
20 ii) the relevant settings in your kernel .config, for instance:
21 CONFIG_MTRR
22 CONFIG_AGP
23 CONFIG_AGP_AMD64
24 CONFIG_AGP_INTEL
25 CONFIG_DRM
26 iii) mesa version;
27 iv) have you emerged x11-drm?
28 v) your "Device" section in xorg.conf;
29 vi) whatever info you think could help me ;-)
30
31 Thanks
32 Sergio
36 > I do NOT do ANY Linux-based 3D stuff today. My workload is Mainly
37 > music applications - Ardour, etc., which do not care about 3D, web
38 > browsing, MythTV and Xine to watch movies. Do I / should I care
39 > about DRI?
40 >
41 > I do occasionally play Windows games under Cedega. Would DRI ever
42 > help that sort of application?
43 >
44 > Anyway, things seem to be in pretty good shape. Maybe I should just
45 > leave good enough alone. ;-)
46 >
47 > Cheers,
48 > Mark
49 >
50 > P.S. - I'm still curious about trying your compiler flags but now
51 > there is no pressing timeframe to do it in on this machine. - MWK
52 --
53 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list