From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Resuming an emerge where it left off
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:40:21
1 On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 20:25 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > > AFAIK not through Portage. You could, however, go to the work directory
3 > > and issue the commands of the ebuild yourself, then create a ".compiled"
4 > > file in the right directory (parent directory of "work", I think), and
5 > > finish with "ebuild install qmerge".
6 > >
7 > > Of course, that voids the warranty ;)
8 >
9 > It also screws things up a bit for portage as there's a couple things it
10 > does beyond the ebuild at the end of the compile stage, that become holes
11 > in portage's records later on if you simply issue the ebuild compile
12 > commands and create the .compiled file manually. I found this out the
13 > hard way. =8^(
14 >
15 > I forgot the details now, but I did have a (now outdated) portage patch
16 > available that allowed a workaround. After I got the memory stability
17 > issue fixed that was causing my crashes, and I could reliably complete
18 > merges, I didn't find it so necessary to maintain the patch any more. I
19 > could dust it off and brush up on the forgotten details (updating them as
20 > necessary for newer portage), if it would be useful.
21 >
22 Duncan,
23
24 I think my immediate need is over, and since most packages are not as
25 big as OpenOffice, I'm OK with re-emerging failed packages in their
26 entirety.
27
28 That being said, I'd like to see the patch even if it's in an
29 inoperative state, just to see what's involved.
30
31 --- Vladimir
34 Vladimir G. Ivanovic <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list