From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Resuming an emerge where it left off
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:28:43
1 Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at> posted
2 4537D2A8.9080106@×××××××××××.at, excerpted below, on Thu, 19 Oct 2006
3 21:31:52 +0200:
4
5 > Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
6 >
7 >>Is what I'm after possible?
10 > AFAIK not through Portage. You could, however, go to the work directory
11 > and issue the commands of the ebuild yourself, then create a ".compiled"
12 > file in the right directory (parent directory of "work", I think), and
13 > finish with "ebuild install qmerge".
14 >
15 > Of course, that voids the warranty ;)
16
17 It also screws things up a bit for portage as there's a couple things it
18 does beyond the ebuild at the end of the compile stage, that become holes
19 in portage's records later on if you simply issue the ebuild compile
20 commands and create the .compiled file manually. I found this out the
21 hard way. =8^(
22
23 I forgot the details now, but I did have a (now outdated) portage patch
24 available that allowed a workaround. After I got the memory stability
25 issue fixed that was causing my crashes, and I could reliably complete
26 merges, I didn't find it so necessary to maintain the patch any more. I
27 could dust it off and brush up on the forgotten details (updating them as
28 necessary for newer portage), if it would be useful.
33 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list