From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: USB-Serial Follow Up
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:54:06
1 "Peter Davoust" <worldgnat@×××××.com> posted
2 7c08b4dd0608180627l9421cefub2160ac60766fe5d@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:27:46 +0000:
4
5 > Ok, so I added myself to the tty group, and I'll try the device again
7 > class="gmail_quote">
8 [snip]
9
10 Let us know how it goes.
11
12 BTW, please use text-only, not HTML, when replying to the list. I know
13 you are using gmail, but many of us don't view this list using our
14 browser and choose not to use an HTML parsing client for security reasons.
15 In such clients, HTML looks ugly. As well, choosing HTML for your
16 mail labels you (to those who care enough about their security to have
17 made such choices, call us paranoid in return if you wish) at best someone
18 who doesn't know about the security issues (a newbie), at worst, a
19 spammer/cracker trying to exploit them to your own ends. Some choose to
20 kill file it and/or those who use it automatically, but I try to ask
21 nicely first, choosing to believe the best until proven otherwise, only
22 kill filing if the request is ignored.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list