From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problem with USB-Keyboard at Install
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 23:46:51
1 Chris Faulkner <cfaulkner70@×××××.com> posted
2 77e2f44f0908031610p25e2d84et4be580037c33d8eb@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:10:04 -0500:
4
5 > Then again it could be something like what I was experiencing. I have a
6 > MS Mouse and it would not work in FreeBSD. I inquired about it on a
7 > mailing list and they said that there wasn't any driver support for that
8 > particular MS mouse. It could be a simple matter of no driver support
9 > in the OS. Try a Logitech keyboard or some other keyboard.
10
11 FWIW I had an MS mouse/keyboard, wireless, at one point, but while they
12 worked, the wireless reliability was terrible. I have a strong suspicion
13 that the MS drivers had Tx power adjustment, either as a config option,
14 or automatic, and that it was defaulting to the lowest setting on Linux,
15 which didn't have that feature as it was using the generic driver
16 settings.
17
18 But Logitech has always been extremely solid for me, and this is my
19 second $100 wireless keyboard from them (the first unfortunately got
20 dripped on when my old A/C unit dripped on it, and the membrane keyboard
21 traces dissolved).
22
23 But he did say somewhere in the thread that it worked on another Linux
24 distribution, so it couldn't be that Linux doesn't have the proper
25 driver. Just the LiveCD didn't.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman