From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Incipient hardware failure?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 08:50:20
Peter Humphrey wrote:

>I think I don't need to get swapping as I've got >two instances of the script operating in competition, one on each >physical disk. What with the BOINC clients, some routine emerging and >ordinary X user activity, if this doesn't break the system I don't know >what will! > >
I should have added that my disks are showing 39 and 49 C in gkrellm. Hda is being used for reading at present, while the 20 copies of the code are being compared in parallel, whereas hdb is writing 20 copies in parallel. 49 C makes me nervous :-( -- Rgds Peter Humphrey Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list