From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is my RAID performance bad possibly due to starting sector value?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:45:42
1 On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 > man mkfs.xfs
5 >
6 > man mkfs.ext4
7 >
8 > look for stripe size etc.
9 >
10 > Have fun.
11 >
12 Volker,
13 I find way down at the bottom of the RAID setup page that they do
14 say stride & stripe are important for RAID4 & RAID5, but remain
15 non-committal for RAID6. None the less thanks for the idea. Now I
16 guess I have to figure out how to test it in less than 10 weeks. I
17 think I'm in trouble at this point having only 1 file system. Possibly
18 it would be better to have a second just to be able to change settings
19 with tune2fs and being able to do it quickly.
20
21 None the less thanks.
22
23 - Mark