From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.10 Nvidia Emerge Failure And Other Stuff
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:30:58
1 On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >> However, the main problem for me with kernel-3.20 is that the nvidia-drivers
5 >> will fail to emerge. Here is the error:
6 >>
7 >> nvidia-drivers-319.32/work/kernel/nv-i2c.c: In function 'nv_i2c_del_adapter':
8 >> nv-i2c.c:327:14: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
9 >>
10 >> When I encountered this failure I expected that a huge outcry of bug reports
11 >> would ensue, but so far things have been rather quiet. There are only a few
12 >> postings of this problem with 3.10-rc1 and not much else.
13 >>
14 >> I should perhaps just patiently wait for the eventual rapid fix, because this
15 >> error is a real show stopper, but I will make an inquiry nonetheless.
16 >> Has anyone on the list encountered this error with nvidia and kernel-3.10?
17 >>
18 >> I hope it is not, again, some strange affliction peculiar to my machine.
19 >>
20 >> Frank Peters
23 > Hi Frank,
24 > I don't think the Gentoo devs pay much attention to that sort of
25 > failure. I don't report them anymore.
26 >
27 > My personal experience with major kernel revision jumps like this
28 > is that it's best to give NVidia a few days and to watch their web
29 > site for a new version. They typically update very quickly. (1-2 days)
30 >
31 > HTH,
32 > Mark
33
34 Frank,
35 On the NVidia site they show a new beta driver released today, July
36 1st, 2013. The version number is 325.08. I just did a sync and that
37 revision does not appear to be in portage yet, at least on the server
38 I'm syncing to.
39
40 I suspect that's the driver you're looking for but that is just a guess.
41
42 HTH,
43 Mark