From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.10 Nvidia Emerge Failure And Other Stuff
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 20:51:23
1 On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On the NVidia site they show a new beta driver released today, July
3 > 1st, 2013. The version number is 325.08. I just did a sync and that
4 > revision does not appear to be in portage yet, at least on the server
5 > I'm syncing to.
8 Nvidia not working with the latest kernel is a known issue. I have no
9 idea whether that new release fixes it but it is a good guess.
10
11 In general with these sorts of issues I would suggest just giving it a
12 day or two before logging a bug to give everybody a chance to catch
13 up. Apparently 3.10 changed significantly during the rcs and Nvidia
14 got tired of regular updates so they decided to just wait for final
15 release.
16
17 Rich