From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] complete crash with ondemand scheduler
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:15:58
1 as a scheduler for athlons i reccomend userspace with powernowd enabled. on
2 my pc i start cpufrequtils with userspace at boot, and then i load powernowd
3 at boot with the option -n (for options on powernowd see the
4 /etc/conf.d/powernowd file and infos). that cpu governor gives the best freq
5 scaling with niced processes and good interoperability.
6 to come to the problem: i've never experienced such problems, if not when
7 using ati-drivers in the xorg conf, but not reinstalling the package after
8 kernel rebuild. after rebuilding or upgrading you'll always have to
9 reinstall the ati-drivers....
10