From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] make.conf for the install CD?
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:33:44
1 On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Josh Sled<jsled@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
3 >> OK, so having booted the install CD again and looking at
4 >> /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example it seems that no CFLAGS
5 >> are set in the example file. Maybe this is the way that the install CD
6 >> is built, but I suspect that they probably use the first line which is
7 >> commented out, if not more:
8 >
9 > I'm sorry, I didn't read the second half of your original question well
10 > enough.  I don't think make.conf.example would have anything to do with
11 > how the install CD is built, and I don't know a good way to figure that
12 > out.
13 >
14 > --
15 > ...jsled
16 > http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}
17
18 Well, I think your answer was actually helpful. It may be that
19 make.conf USE flag setting don't have much to do with the CD, or even
20 that the CFLAG settings aren't critical for building the kernel - if
21 they are they kernel developers would fix that - but you did point me
22 toward good info so I appreciate that.
23
24 Maybe a more direct path toward the answer a new user wants is just
25 using the flags that are set in the install guide, unless folks here
26 think those aren't the best for the current revisions of GCC, etc.
27
28 I appreciate your responses. Thanks!
29
30 Cheers,