From: Martin Herrman <martin@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] quadcore - part 2
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:39:12
1 On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > On Saturday 29 November 2008, Martin Herrman wrote:
4
5 >> I'm using a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro at my Q9300.
6 >
7 > oh great. AC ...
8 >
9 > just make sure to check the fan A LOT. AC fans are highly susceptible to dust.
10 > More so than any other fan. They also need a lot of room around the fan so
11 > the 'air vortex' can build up - without it they have a abysmal throughput. So
12 > no cables or anything else next to it!
13
14 Well, reviews I read were positive about this cooler, and it does it's
15 job well as I'm aware of. Thanks anyway for the warning, I checked for
16 cables and fortunately that's not an issue. In my previous PC I had a
17 Zalman, the copper part became very dusty too.
18
19 Martin