From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] quadcore - part 2
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 20:28:48
1 On Montag 01 Dezember 2008, Martin Herrman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
3 >
4 > <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 > > On Saturday 29 November 2008, Martin Herrman wrote:
6 > >> I'm using a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro at my Q9300.
7 > >
8 > > oh great. AC ...
9 > >
10 > > just make sure to check the fan A LOT. AC fans are highly susceptible to
11 > > dust. More so than any other fan. They also need a lot of room around
12 > > the fan so the 'air vortex' can build up - without it they have a abysmal
13 > > throughput. So no cables or anything else next to it!
14 >
15 > Well, reviews I read were positive about this cooler, and it does it's
16 > job well as I'm aware of. Thanks anyway for the warning, I checked for
17 > cables and fortunately that's not an issue. In my previous PC I had a
18 > Zalman, the copper part became very dusty too.
19
20 because reviews only test for a view minutes in nice, big cases, with good
21 cable managment. Reviews never test a cooler over a couple of month. AC gets
22 good reviews, but if you don't clean the fan a lot or there is a lot of dust
23 in the air, the FAN suffers a lot. Their open spindle is very sensitive.
24
25 I don't like Zalman. No way to change the cooler. Stupid fastening system, no
26 pwm.