From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] New CUPS version problems
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:28:34
1 2008/4/3, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > Today must be my day for problems. I upgraded (yesterday actually) to the
4 > latest cups version and now my networked printer won't print. I've had to
5 > add the printer back in (since now it seems cups has a HP Color LJ 4550
6 > driver and it autodetected it), but it still won't print.
7 >
8 > I've noticed that the new printer config doesn't have the same URI as the
9 > old one, the old printer config I had said '192.168.10.15:9100' and on the
10 > new one, the ':9100' isn't listed. I can't find a way to fix that unless I
11 > manually install the printer, right?
14 for hp printers use the hplip and its control center. you should always
15 reinstall hplip after a cups update.
20 dott. ing. beso