From: Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] complete crash with ondemand scheduler
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:55:47
1 On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 09:24:17AM +0200, Bernhard Auzinger wrote:
2 > > the ondemand governor steps the processor between the least step to the
3 > > most one. for example, i have a turion 64 with steps from 800mhz to 2ghz.
4 > > the ondemand governor would step from 800mhz directly to 2ghz when the cpu
5 > > is under load and then return to 800 mhz when the load drops down.
6 >
7 > I think you are wrong, because the ondemand governor does also switch between
8 > all available frequencies. For example my amd64X2 is capable of
9 > 1000,1800,2000,2200,2400MHz and the ondemand governor does switch very well
10 > between these frequencies if needed.
11
12 That is correct, it moves one "step" per polling cycle the rate of which
13 can be adjusted via the sysfs interface.
14
15 -J