From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Compiz-Fusion and amd64
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:04:15
1 i don't know nouveau and how it works since i have an ati, and with the new
2 oss policy i don't think that i will switch to nvidia.
3 i've told myself that i would have given to ati till the end of this year to
4 make a good linux driver and they seem to have done it, even if there are
5 still some problems around. the release of the specs of their gpus it will
6 boost their hw over nvidia if they will actually do it. till now ati has
7 released only 2d specs and the novell full-time working group is doing a
8 good job and they seem to be sure to release a full working 2d driver till
9 the end of the year or at most till feb 2008.
10 returning to nvidia topic, i always thought that nouveau was supporting 3d
11 and that it was also supporting the 8000 series, but not the 9000 one. it
12 seems that i was mistaken and for that i need to apologize for the error. at
13 least, now i've understood that nvidia isn't very far away from ati on some
14 boards...
15