From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Compiz-Fusion and amd64
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 15:39:07
1 On Samstag, 3. November 2007, Beso wrote:
2 > try the nouveau driver, the oss reversengineering nvidia 2d/3d driver.
3
4 I know nouveau. I have read their irc logs from the beginning. And I will
5 certainly not try a driver that crashs my box, has no 3d and low 2d
6 performance.
7
8 Besides AFAIR nouveau does not support 8xxx cards - or support them less than
9 6xxx cards - which is mostly the same.
10
11 And I don't know how a driver with no 3d funtionality at all should help with
12 3d effects slowdown?
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list