From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Mobo recommendations
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:56:24
1 Marco Matthies posted <435FF37D.2000100@×××.net>, excerpted below, on
2 Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:22:05 +0200:
3
4 > FWIW, the newer files do seem to use .zip and .pdf (i only checked for
5 > my mobo though K8T Neo2)-- so maybe your mail had a positive effect on
6 > them? ;) Though I agree a freedos image to do the bios update would be
7 > really nice...
8 > BTW, unzip supports self-extracting (.exe) zip archives.
9
10 I believed it did, but wasn't sure those files were sfx-zip in the first
11 place, only that they were exe format, and wasn't going to bother checking.
12
13 > But I don't want this to turn into an MSI advertisement, I just wanted
14 > to point out that they seem to have gotten better to when you checked
15 > them out.
16
17 Very good! =8^) I'll have to check them out again, next time I upgrade
18 (altho that could be some time yet, it's been two years and I had hoped
19 that with memory upgrades and now dual core, I could extend my upgrade
20 cycle to five years... something that seems quite reasonable, with the
21 upgrade pressure lessening, post 1GHz and given I've already a dual CPU
22 and can go dual-core so support 2x2=quad cores and upto 16G memory, on
23 this board).
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
29 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list