From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: early boot failure, not sure how to diagnose
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 12:08:55
1 Sorry about the HTML, didn't realise.
2
3 If I press enter, I get a login prompt, and can login as root.
4 Thats how I know the partitions are mounted but are readonly.
5 I can't do shutdown or reboot nor write to any disk.
6
7 I originally was getting a kernel panic with the boot partition as ext4.
8 I reformated to ext2, reinstalled grub and recopied the kernel.
9 There is no panic that I can see now.
10
11 On my old system I needed an initramfs & the first few attempts left
12 me in a similar state: partitions mounted, but all readonly. Fixed
13 that by letting genkernel generate the initrd.
14
15 As far as I can tell all the right stuff is in the right place, I'll
16 reboot again and check that. I'm also not sure if home is mounted
17