From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] not amd64 specific - disk failure
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:54:31
1 before doing something on the disk first, read all and then take a decision
2 on which options may help you. on my reiserfs filesystem, the included utils
3 were enough to let me recover about 98% of the data after the full index
4 rebuild. if you've journaled your filesystem, then i think that you should
5 be able to recover it. also, it may only be a problem of superblock and in
6 that case the second link might help you more. anyway, get a disk that can
7 contain all the data that there was on the failed one, since you wouldn't
8 want to do stuff on it to avoid loss of data.
9 try reading this (the ext2/3 part):
10 http://edseek.com/archives/2004/02/25/ext3-filesystem-bad-superblock-recovery/
11 and this:
12 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-569462-highlight-ext3+recover.html