From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64]emerge make my comp slow :(
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:34:20
1 Hi,
2
3 Please, don't hijack threads. (You replied to a thread instead of hitting the
4 'new mail' button in your mail client.
5
6 jai kumar wrote:
7 > Hi all,
8 > I am new to Gentoo. I have installed gentoo firstly in may (but was not succeded to get my X working ). So that time I gave up gentoo and turned to Ubuntu. Yesterday I have successfully installed gentoo Amd64 2006.0 on my comp with X working successfully but problem is that whenever when i do a "emerge programname" my system get very slow (Even mouse didn't react). I am unable to figure out the problem.
9 > Waiting for your help.
10
11 You can use PORTAGE_NICENESS which is documented in `man make.conf'.
14 Kind Regards,
15
16 Simon Stelling
17 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer