From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] HD device becomes SD device
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 03:14:16
1 On Donnerstag 02 Juli 2009, David Shen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I install gentoo 2008 amd64 in a virtual box virtual machine. I
5 > configured the controller to us IDE controller, and if I boot from
6 > livecd, it DID get a hda device under /dev. But after I finished
7 > setting up the system, I cannot find the HD device, instead, I found a
8 > SD device.
9 >
10 > Maybe there are something wrong with the kernel I compiled, but I do
11 > not know how to troubleshoot this.
12
13 no, that is correct. You use libata. libata makes use of the scsi subsystem.
14 All disks are sdX. It is the correct and right thing.