From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Xorg 7
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:46:14
1 On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 01:43:46PM -0400, Peter Davoust wrote:
2 > Ok, so I'm sure I've asked this before, but here goes. I just reinstalled
3 > Gentoo from a livecd, right. First, it doesn't have kernel sources or dhcpcd
4 > installed (had to download dhcpcd and plain linux kernel sources and
5 > manually compile), but for some reason Xserver has decided that it can't
6 > find any of it's modules. In the log I get (EE) Failed to load module
7 > "<module>", where module is mouse, kbd, and radeon. I had this problem a
8 > while ago, and I think I just reemerged xorg-x11, but I'm not sure. Any
9 > thoughts?
10
11 Just guessing...
12
13 In your /etc/make.conf do you have things like:
14
15 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse synaptics evdev"
16 VIDEO_CARDS="radeon vesa"
20 Brian Litzinger
21
22 The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
23 the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
24 authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
25 privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
26 hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
27 any action in Hitachi America, Ltd. on the contents of this information
28 is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. If you have received this
29 communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to
30 this e-mail and then delete it from your system. Hitachi America, Ltd.
31 is not liable for any improper and/or incomplete transmission of the
32 information contained in this communication or for any delay in its
33 receipt. Hitachi America, Ltd. is not responsible for any damage caused
34 by malicious code or alteration by any third party. The contents of this
35 e-mail do not necessarily represent the views or policies of Hitachi
36 America, Ltd.
37 --
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list