From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Keyboard Stops Working Under X
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 00:07:05
1 On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:18:46 -0500
2 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > My system is updated daily and I use only the
5 > Fvwm window manager (no Gnome or K).
6
7 With a similar setup I've had no problems using
8 evdev. The first step was to unlink xorg.conf.
9
10 At that point everything Just Worked.
11
12 If you want an xorg.conf then try using
13
14 X -configure;
15
16 as SU and see what it gives you -- after installing
17 evdev.
18
19 Q: Do you have any other USB devices on the system?
20
21 There may be something else that is hogging the bus
22 (e.g., flakey flash drive) and causing timeouts with
23 the KB. Could also be a flakey USB port or keyboard
24 hardware. In my experience, purely random flakeyness
25 is more likely to be a hardware issue.
26
27 In any case, I'm happily running with fvwm 2.6.3,
28 INPUT_DEVICES="evdev", and no xorg.conf whatever.
31 Steven Lembark 3646 Flora Pl
32 Workhorse Computing St Louis, MO 63110
33 lembark@×××××××.com +1 888 359 3508