From: Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 3200+ -> X2 4000+
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:19:48
1 > >> bogomips : 3611.22
2 > >> TLB size : 1024 4K pages
3 > >>
4 > >>
5 > >>
6 > >> bogomips : 1603.39
7 > >> TLB size : 1024 4K pages
8 > >>
9 > >>
10 > >> 2) Just curious: Why is there such a big difference between the 2 CPUs'
11 > >> bogomips values reported?
12 > >>
13 > >>
14 > >> --
15 > >> gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
16 >
17 > --
18 > Piotr
19
20 There has to be no difference between the two cores on dual-core processors.
21 That's because the bogomips-benchmark is a "calculated" benchmark that
22 depends mostly on the clock frequency and since the two cores on dual-core
23 athlons/opterons use the same clock, it's not possible to have different
24 values on that type of dual-core processor. I've absolutely identical values
25 (4825.77 bogomips) for both cores of my Athlon64 X2 4600+.
26
27 If you have two processors (f.ex. two single-cores) on your mainboard, than
28 you will have two slightly different values because of the slightly different
29 clock of the two processors. In your case it seems that the second processor
30 has a decreased clock. I'm sure you have enabled cool'n'quiet.
31
32 Rgds
33 Bernhard
34 --