From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Upgrading from amd64 to ~amd64.
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:07:21
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> writes:
2 > Of course, part of that probably has to do with something else you
3 > mention, that whole apache-php-subversion thing. That implies the purpose
4 > of your installation is server related, and servers traditionally run more
5 > conservative settings, DEFINITELY so if they are publicly accessible or
6 > mission critical.
7
8 No, it's all very local. The only reason for running Apache is to use
9 a web-based application on my own box, just for me. I use amd64 for
10 that because ~amd64 often is broken at the ebuild level, due to all
11 the software independencies.
15 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
16 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org
17 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that
18 part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.