From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can I run a complete desktop remotely?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 21:48:25
1 >> Hi,
2 >> Is it possible to run a complete Gnome desktop from a remote
3 >> location through ssh? I'm not talking about using vnc to watch a
4 >> remote desktop but actually run one remotely and only have it
5 >> displayed here.
6 >
7 > SSH also includes functionality to allow X11 forwarding through the
8 > encrypted SSH connection.
9
10 You'll need a fast (100mbps+) lan for it, even with the ssh compression
11 enabled.
12
13 VNC is a much more efficient protocol then X11 for remote desktop.
14 --
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list