From: Sean <sean-gentoo@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Replacement for Thunderbird.
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:46:36
1 On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 02:50:08PM -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Well, I'm sitting here reading about the lack of thunderbird devel over the
3 > next year or two until the new Mozilla project (or whatever you wish to
4 > call it) gets rolling and I'm wondering, what is a good replacement for
5 > Tbird, specifically for KDE.
6 >
7 > I use Evolution when I'm in GNOME at home, but I've really disliked it's
8 > direction recently. KMail works off and on, but might be suitable. But
9 > are there any others out there not built with gtk+ so I don't have to
10 > compile all that just for one app?
11
12 I finally got fed up with Thunderbird, and have recently switched to
13 mutt. Yeah, I know, it's not a clicky-clicky, but so far I haven't
14 missed Thunderbird at all.
15
16 Another _huge_ bonus, in my opinion, with mutt is ease of mail reading
17 when I'm on strange machines. I can just ssh to one of my boxes and read
18 it that way. And as far as backing up the configuration goes, all I need
19 to keep track of is a small .muttrc file.
20
21 Just my 2c.
24 Sean
25
26 The world has many unintentionally cruel mechanisms that are not
27 designed for people who walk on their hands.
28 -- John Irving, "The World According to Garp"