From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox 2 on amd64
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:57:38
1 On Wednesday 03 January 2007 13:42, "Daemon Xavier"
2 <daemon.xavier@×××××.com> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox 2 on
3 amd64':
4 > Latest release works well, the only thing is no flash! XD so i have
5 > firefox-bin for my you-tube and gvideo fun time!
6
7 There is a script using Perl::curl that will download a youtube video as as
8 mpeg that can be played with mplayer. It was posted to one of the gentoo
9 lists recently, probably this one or gentoo-user.
10
11 Google allows you to simply download their videos. If you choose the PSP
12 version, it is also playable in mplayer.
13
14 For either of these, you can substitute your favorite video player for
15 mplayer -- I believe both xinelib and the gstreamer framework have the
16 necessary codecs.
17
18 PS
19 A: Because the reverses the order of conversation.
20 Q: Why is top-posting so annoying?
21 A: Top-posting.
22 Q: What's the most annoying thing on mailing lists?
25 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
26 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
27 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
28 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh