From: Daemon Xavier <daemon.xavier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox 2 on amd64
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:44:20
1 Latest release works well, the only thing is no flash! XD so i have
2 firefox-bin for my you-tube and gvideo fun time!
3
4 On 1/3/07, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
5 >
6 > On Wednesday 03 January 2007 09:49, "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
7 > wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox 2 on amd64':
8 > > Stefan Vunckx wrote:
9 > > Okay I compiled and installed it, it works great but does anyone else
10 > > see it in their menu list as 'Bon Echo'? I also see that in the title
11 > > bar. I haven't rebooted or regenerated my kde menu since compiling it,
12 > > but will doing that fix the menu?
13 >
14 > As others have mentioned, check the mozbranding USE flag.
15 >
16 > Any binaries that aren't from the pristine source (e.g. with any
17 > unapproved
18 > patches) that use the Mozilla Branding (i.e. the Firefox name and Icon,
19 > controlled in Gentoo with the mozbranding USE flag) are subject to the
20 > same issue that Debian saw during the "IceWeasel" debacle
21 >
22 > Personally, I deal with enough branding, so I leave the mozbranding USE
23 > flag off. [As a side-effect, any packages or binaries I build can be
24 > freely distributed under my choice of the GPL or MPL since they are not
25 > subject to trademark issues.]
26 >
27 > --
28 > "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
29 > it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
30 > clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
31 > -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
38 Karma, It's Real!
39 "No penguins were harmed during the writing, just a bunch of broken windows
40 to let them escape..."-xtacocorex