From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox 2 on amd64
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:35:39
1 On Wednesday 03 January 2007 09:49, "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox 2 on amd64':
3 > Stefan Vunckx wrote:
4 > Okay I compiled and installed it, it works great but does anyone else
5 > see it in their menu list as 'Bon Echo'? I also see that in the title
6 > bar. I haven't rebooted or regenerated my kde menu since compiling it,
7 > but will doing that fix the menu?
8
9 As others have mentioned, check the mozbranding USE flag.
10
11 Any binaries that aren't from the pristine source (e.g. with any unapproved
12 patches) that use the Mozilla Branding (i.e. the Firefox name and Icon,
13 controlled in Gentoo with the mozbranding USE flag) are subject to the
14 same issue that Debian saw during the "IceWeasel" debacle
15
16 Personally, I deal with enough branding, so I leave the mozbranding USE
17 flag off. [As a side-effect, any packages or binaries I build can be
18 freely distributed under my choice of the GPL or MPL since they are not
19 subject to trademark issues.]
22 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
23 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
24 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
25 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh