From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: sddm - any config to not advertise user names?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 15:49:49
1 Mark Knecht posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 06:23:34 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > I don't personally have a lot of interest but [...]
4
5 > The other thing I liked about kdm was that the login only showed on my
6 > first monitor whereas sddm is showing it on all 3. Not a big deal as I
7 > pretty much boot up in the morning and log in.
8
9 Same thing here about booting up and logging in, but here I don't use a
10 *DM at all, preferring a text-based login, and running startx (with /etc/
11 X11/Xclients having a single "exec startkde" line) from my logged-in user
12 if I want to go to X/kde/plasma.
13
14 So no worries about *DM at all. I just login at the text prompt
15 regardless of whether I'm headed for X or not, and startx just as if it
16 was any other app I wanted to run at the text prompt. =:^)
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman