From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] latest SAMBA problem
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:38:29
1 Brett Johnson wrote:
4 > The codepage problem may be you don't have the correct codepage compiled
5 > in the kernel or the module is not loaded.
6 >
7 > Also, I did see something in IRC that cifs is now a separate package in
8 > gentoo, so you may want to try and (re) emerge net-fs/mount-cifs.
9 >
10 > Brett
11
12 I never saw this error before and I've not updated kernels in over a
13 month. So unless this was a required option now, I don't think that's
14 the problem. I will however, re-emerge the mount package to see if that
15 fixes it. I ran a ton of updates last night, and I don't remember
16 seeing mount-cifs as an update, but I could be wrong.
20 Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
23 Mark Haney
24 Sr. Systems Administrator
25 ERC Broadband
26 (828) 350-2415
27
28 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
29 --
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list