From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] latest SAMBA problem
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:28:39
1 On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 08:06:53AM -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I've just updated to the latest Samba version and now my CIFS mounts
3 > bomb with this error:
6 > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
7 > //192.168.10.9/noc-shares, missing codepage or other error
8 >
9 > My mount command is pretty simple (in a shell script) just the mount
10 > with a username and password, nothing fancy. I originally had a umask
11 > in the command, but that seems to have been deprecated.
12 >
13 > Any ideas on how to fix this?
14 >
15 The codepage problem may be you don't have the correct codepage compiled
16 in the kernel or the module is not loaded.
17
18 Also, I did see something in IRC that cifs is now a separate package in
19 gentoo, so you may want to try and (re) emerge net-fs/mount-cifs.
20
21 Brett