From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kernel scheduler seems to be making mistakes
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:13:11
1 On Sunday 20 May 2007 22:35:12 Nuitari wrote:
2
3 > I've noticed the same problem and I think that it should be up to boinc
4 > to set that up properly
5
6 Thanks for verifying that it's not just me. Do you also use a Supermicro
7 H8DCE?
8
9 I did raise a bug report with BOINC a few weeks ago, after a long search for
10 their bug system, but it was closed with no action. When I say "no action"
11 I mean that I received no acknowledgement of the creation of the report,
12 nor of its change of status; and when the report was closed, it was "moved
13 to trac", whatever that is, with an http link to a page from which I
14 couldn't find a single trace of fault reports. Evidently my bug report had
15 been buried, and I see no sign of any recognition that they might have a
16 problem in their scheduling algorithm.
17
18 Readers with long memories may remember that I lost my temper with them and
19 asked on this list for ways of deleting my existence from the BOINC
20 project. I later relented and decided to have a go myself, but this is as
21 far as I've got.
24 Rgds
25 Peter Humphrey
26 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93