From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kernel scheduler seems to be making mistakes
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 21:37:29
1 On Sun, 20 May 2007, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:14:45 +0000 (UTC)
4 > From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
5 > Reply-To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
6 > To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
7 > Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kernel scheduler seems to be making mistakes
8 >
9 > Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> posted
10 > 200705201511.52195.prh@××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Sun, 20 May
11 > 2007 15:11:52 +0100:
12 > So, if you emerge schedutils, one of the binaries you get is called
13 > taskset. Once it's emerged, you can read the notes on taskset in /usr/
14 > share/doc/schedutils-*/README.bz2, and/or the taskset manpage. It's
15 > pretty simple, to use, however. For example, on a two-core or two-CPU
16 > system (CPU0 and CPU1), setting an already running X to run on CPU0 only,
17 > on CPU1 only, or on both, is done with the following commands (the number
18 > being a CPU bitmask, obviously):
19 >
20 > taskset -p 1 `pidof X`
21 > taskset -p 2 `pidof X`
22 > taskset -p 3 `pidof X`
23
24 The problem with that is that the boinc client starts a new thread for
25 every work unit.
26
27 I've noticed the same problem and I think that it should be up to boinc to
28 set that up properly
29 --
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list