From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: elog mail
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:07:53
1 On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Duncan wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > I just thought it ridiculous that I had to run a full local mail setup
4 > and/or send the mail round trip to my ISP and back (it's admin mail,
5 > better it's not sent via unencrypted Internet mail at all!), just to
6 > arrange for a local application to have something appear in kmail, when
7 > kmail can be set to check a local maildir, so I setup a script that
8 > made it happen!
9 >
10 > Anyway, if you are up for a bit of hacking and know bash, working
11 > together and starting from what I already have, we can almost certainly
12 > get it working for portage as well.
13 >
14 > Or simply do what I did and setup the logging so portage produces a
15 > summary at the end, and logs messages to a local dir as well, in case
16 > they are needed for reference after the end-summary is gone. I should
17 > be able to help with that as well, if it'll do what you need.
18
19 Thanks for the reply Duncan, My isp has had problems sending me mails from
20 this list, (it now looks as though they have resolved it now) so I
21 thought that I had missed the replies.
22 How did you set portage to give a summary, at the moment I have messages
23 sent to /var/log/portage/elog and logs to /var/log/portage. I have kmail
24 running all the time and it would be great if kmail could produce the
25 info messages, if any, after an emerge.
26 I would like to resolve this, so any help would be great.
27 Paul
30 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
31 --
32 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list