From: Rodolphe Rocca <fake2@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How can I capture enough debug info to make a good bug report?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:46:16
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > On a subscriber web site I am seeing a consistent problem with both
4 > Firefox & Firefox-bin. When I click a specific link the browser
5 > crashes with a seg fault:
6 >
7 > mark@lightning ~ $ firefox-bin
8 > No running windows found
9 > /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6108 Segmentation fault
10 > $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
11 > firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
12 > mark@lightning ~ $ firefox
13 > No running windows found
14 > Removing /home/mark/.mozilla/firefox/ipm4osof.default/compreg.dat
15 > leftover from older firefox
16 > /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6149 Segmentation fault
17 > $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
18 > firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
19 > mark@lightning ~ $
20 >
21 > Note that I see Firefox crashing on my Windows Vista box also, but
22 > Internet Explorer does not, so this doesn't seem to me to be a Linux
23 > issue specifically.
24 >
25 > How can I get enough info to pass along to someone and have it be useful?
28 1) Remerge firefox with the debug use flag
29 2) rebuild your kernel (if needed) with CONFIG_ELF_CORE=y
30 3) reboot
31 4) connect your page
32
33 The segfault should produce a core file that you could send to firefox devs.
34
35 If I forgot something, guys, please correct me.
36 --
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list