From: David Relson <david@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ASUS M2A-VM and kernel 2.6.27
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:38:01
1 On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 01:37:28 +0100
2 Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > David Relson wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > Anybody using an ASUS M2A-VM mobo with a 2.6.27 kernel?
8 > <SNIP>
9 >
10 > I have had somewhat similar problems on Phenom.
11 > Do you have nvidia card on the machine ?
12 >
13 > If so, there is some parameter for the module that limits its use of
14 > IOMMU space.
15 > Also, I thint the problem was rectified in later revisions of the
16 > driver.
17 >
18 > Regards,
21 > Branko
22
23 H'lo Branko,
24
25 No nvidia. The M2A-VM mobo has builtin ATI Radeon X1200 capability so
26 I have no need for a separate video card.
27
28 As to the IOMMU, I've already changed the BIOS to allow the maximum
29 memory usage (256MB) for the purpose. The change hasn't stopped the
30 "IOMMU out of space" messages.
31
32 I'm truly looking for someone running 64 bit gentoo on the M2A-VM mobo
33 and using a new kernel with the CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU capability.
34
35 Regards,
36
37 David